Vaping may have been virtually unheard of a few years ago, but today it’s a multibillion dollar industry and a movement. Vaping, or using an electronic cigarette, is becoming popular due to the alternatives on the market. E-cigs also don’t contain tobacco and other carcinogens like regular cigarettes do, so they are safe to use and can even help smokers kick their habit.
Because vaping has caught on in popularity in recent years, the market has seen a huge increase in the number of vaping products for sale. There are more than 466 brands and 7,700 different vaping flavors for sale today, and that number is steadily increasing. Perhaps one of the biggest choices that vapers have to make, however, is whether they would like to use rechargeable e cigarettes or disposable e cigarettes.
What are the advantages of each type? And which one should you choose? Ultimately, the choice is yours, but here are some factors to consider when choosing either rechargeable or disposable cigarettes:
Rechargeable Electronic Cigarettes
- What are they? These types of e cigs are made to be recharged and used again and again. This can be done with the use of a USB or wall charger similar to those found with smartphones and refills of e liquid, either in bottles or cartridges.
- How are they used? E cigarettes and vaporizers that are rechargeable are used fairly simply. The battery needs to stay full in order for them to be used, but they generally can hold a charge for several hours. Some models require the user to push a button to activate the heating coil, or atomizer, but others can be operated automatically. They are refilled by either changing the cartridge or cartomizer or by refilling them with individual bottles of e liquid. With rechargeable e cigs and e liquid refills, consumers often have a wider variety of choices available to them.
- How long do they last? Vaping batteries can hold a charge for several hours, and rechargeable e cigs can be used until they run out of e liquid. Once it’s empty, though, it can refilled by adding e liquid to the tank or swapping out the empty cartridge for a full one.
Disposable Electronic Cigarettes
- What are they? Unlike rechargeable e cigs, these disposable cigarettes are made to be used until they no longer have any e liquid in them. In general, they are available in tobacco and menthol flavors, though some brands have created disposable e cigarettes with different flavors.
- How are they used? Disposable e cigarettes require no refills or cartridge changes, and they don’t need to be charged. They are a good starting point for users who are new to vaping and have recently switched to vaping from smoking. Some models require the user to press a button in order to activate them, but others can be puffed on and will automatically produce vapor.
- How long do they last? In general, one of these disposable cigarettes will last about the same length of time it would take a smoker to get through an entire pack of cigarettes. Once they are empty, they can be thrown away or recycled, according to manufacturer instructions.
Which type of e cigarette do you prefer? Tell us in the comments section.