Staying safe at work is more challenging for some people. Fortunately, for police officers and road construction workers there are a number of ways that workers can be protected from even the most dangerous jobs. From the newest and most advanced handcuffs for sale that can help protect an officer while an arrest has occurred to the waterproof boots that are an important factor for workers who are out in the elements, even the dangerous jobs can be more safe.
Police handcuffs for sale and other kinds of police restraint equipment, in fact, are as important to local officers as high visibility outer wear and rugged outdoor footwear are to construction workers. Being prepared for the dangers and that elements that you face while you are on the job can help you live a longer and healthier life.
Are You Safe When You Go to Work?
Unfortunately, there were almost 2.9 million nonfatal workplace illnesses and injuries reported in the year 2016. Finding a way to make sure that you have every possible advantage for returning safely at the end of the day often depends on the clothes and protective gear that you are wearing. For this reason, there are specific guidelines in many careers that mandate what workers should wear when they are on the job.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the many kinds of work related clothing and protective apparel that play an important role in keeping people across the country safe:
- There were about 100,000 work-related foot injuries that averaged 10 days away from work in 2016, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
- The average cost of a lost workday foot injury amounts to more than $9,000, according to the National Council on Compensation Insurance.
- Although the average person may walk as many as 10,000 steps in a day, a construction worker or laborer may walk as many as 30,000.
- There were 662,390 police and sheriff’s patrol officers in America in the year 2017.
- Off-road, roadway, and public safety are the three main types of high-visibility safety apparel.
- $947 million annual revenue was generated by the tactical and service clothing manufacturing industry last year.
If you want to make sure that you are as safe as possible when you go to work it is important that you carefully follow all of the guidelines that are a part of your job.