This is the kind of writing that can help you learn things about yourself that you never really realized you knew. One simple college class has set you on a path that you previously never would have imagined for yourself. And while the homework writing assignments have often been challenging, they are all tasks that you have enjoyed. Tasks that have lead to self discovery; tasks that have helped you rediscover yourself in a variety of ways.
Finding a career is not always the easiest decision that someone makes in class. If, however, you are in the habit of regularly challenging yourself to try new classes, new assignments, and other opportunities, you are more likely to find yourself looking forward to going to work everyday.
When Was the Last Time You Were Excited About Going to Work?
Too often, Americans find themselves dreading their days at the office, their time at work. If you spend some time reevaluating the kind of work that you most want to do you can seek out other opportunities that will keep you both challenged and interested.
If you are the kind of person who is always prepared for any event, then you might find out that your attention to detail can help you start a new side gig. Party planners, for instance, need an eye for detail that many others do not possess. From making sure that you have plastic tablecloth clips when the family gathers for a simple picnic to being able to come up with the best seating arrangement for a large group, the details that go into the planning of an event can lead to a better level of success.
Party planning is poetry in motion. In addition to the original plans that you have in place for an event, you also need to have the flexibility to adjust as needed. Extra guests arriving the morning of an event or an unexpected weather event can both be ruinous if you do not have alternative plans in place. Weddings, of course, are the ultimate test of any party planner. Dealing with the nervous bride and groom and managing the expectations of the mother of the bride are, in fact, just as important as making sure that you have the burlap table skirts and necessary plastic tablecloth clips for an outdoor service or reception. Failure to plan for what you cannot always expect is the real challenge that most party planners face.
The decision to take great notes about any event that you host can also help you create the best offense for the next wedding that you plan. And while not all of us are actually poetic in the kind of writings that we complete, it is important to note that the more time you invest in your notes the more helpful they will be in the future. Consider some of these facts and figures about the party planning industry and the impact that it has on the economy of the nation:
- 63% of brides say that they feel a lot of pressure to have the perfect wedding, according to WeddingWire’s 2017 Newlywed Report. For this reason, a number of brides make the decision to hire a wedding or party planner to help with both large and small details.
- There are 85,000 searches for wedding decorations and the number is expected to continue, so it should come as no surprise that finding the perfect plastic tablecloth clips and other accessories can seem overwhelming without a planner.
- An average of 44,230 weddings take place each weekend.
- In an average year, there are 2.4 million weddings performed in the U.S.
- 54% of event planners attend conferences to keep up with trends, an advantage to any bride who is looking to create the perfect day.
- The average business owner within the catering industry works 59 hours in an average week.
From planning for the need for plastic tablecloth clips for your next outdoor event to keeping the lines of communication open between the bride and her mother, if you are loving what you are doing you will be more successful at your job. Finding your passion is a great way to make sure that every day is a great day on the job.