Photography is a big industry. By some estimates, in the United States there were roughly 41.44 million working photographers. Their pictures were shared more often than those taken by amateurs. The rate at which theirs were shared was at least double. This is a big part of the online advertising industry, which is a $149 million business. All of that means that there is a lot of work out there for working photographers. It also means there is a need for photo editing services.
But why would I go to a professional photo editing services company when I can do the editing myself? There are a number of reasons to let someone else handle your editing needs.
- You can use your time better. Photo editing is repetitive. It is time consuming. The time that you have to spend processing all the images you took, you could be using your creative talents and expertise on other more important tasks. If you outsource this, you (and your staff) do not have to go through the tiresome process and take more photos or work on any of the other creative things you need to do to advance your career and business. You know that when you do a job, you end up spending triple the time on the photos after you took them than you did shooting them in the first place. You can say goodbye to all of that when you hire a photo editing services company.
- Using a photo editing services company frees you to drum up new business. When you no longer have to spend hours and hours working on your photo editing and processing, you can spend your time attracting new customers. While you are a great editor, it cannot be your favorite part of the job. Professional photo editing services get you the desired result every time meaning your current customers will be happy with the result and you can attract new business.
- You can create and implement a marketing campaign. Spreading the word about a new business is a large task. You need to keep up with your current customers and get the word out about the services you offer to new people. How can you do that when you spend so much time in the editing process? You can spend the time you save working on your marketing materials and plan. This is a win-win. You get great quality editing of your images and you get to spend more time building your business.
- You can lose the expenses associated with costly software. Any photographer knows that decent photo editing software is very expensive. You cannot go with the free or cheap version of the software package you buy, you need the full professional level suite of applications. With photo editing services, you can lose those expenses. They have it so you do not have to.
- You will see a huge increase in your return on investment. When you use photo editing services to handle your editing and processing needs you save the money you would have spent on pricey software packages, freed yourself up for finding more customers and doing more jobs so your return on investment can only go up. Hiring a professional photo editing services company will pay for itself and more.
Being a professional photographer is a fun and potentially exciting job. Photographers get to travel the world taking pictures of some of the most beautiful things in nature or snapping shots of celebrities doing whatever they do and just getting to experience a lot of life that other professions do not. Even photographers who stay closer to home help couples capture their weddings, parents document their children growing up and are a witness to many stages of a variety of people’s lives. News photographers are often on the front lines of history. This is the fun part of being a professional photographer. Sitting in front of a computer going through thousands of images and editing and processing them is not. That is probably not what attracted you to photography. Leave that part to an outside company so you can focus on the parts of the job you love.